Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy (Belated) Birthday, GDJ!

It's hard for me to believe this blog is one year old this week. I started writing last March 14th, not quite sure where the journey would take me, and now it seems a whole year has passed so quickly. One thing is for sure, I have learned a LOT about the game industry through numerous news feeds I now read almost daily and from the extremely bright folks over at the Game Career Guide forums. I've dedicated a large amount of effort to learning how to write games, have gotten involved in my local IGDA chapter, and have met some really cool people in the process.

I created a very basic Pong Clone in 24 hours, worked in a team to create the puzzle game Befuddled at the Global Game Jam in a single weekend, and am currently working with some amazing artists to create an exciting tower defense game. This latest project is one of my biggest and best endeavors yet, so I'm very excited to see the end result within a couple months.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your blogs birthday!! I recently just started one myself.

    I have been studying game dev for quite awhile now. I Took of +100 hour class, on C# and the XNA framework, but I use Gentoo Linux, would rather write my game in OpenGL. GNU is working on an version of .net and C# language, I see the IDE in my software repo, it is called GNUstep. I haven't tried it though. I am working on taking all the notes I have written down and make my game for the android.

    On the blog I started my posts are aimed toward amvs. I post the best amvs I can find on the net, and sometimes review the anime. I also write tutorials for Linux video editing software, and other OpenSource Software.

    ReplyDelete